Amazon has announced an increase in FBA fees starting from January 18 2022. In the announcement, Amazon did mention the reason for fee hike – “Throughout the pandemic we have worked to support you—postponing and keeping fee changes low, reducing or eliminating select fees like those for customer returns, and absorbing billions of dollars in increased costs on your behalf”. There are changes in numerous services, including the following:
• Launch of dim-weight pricing for large standard-size products excluding apparel
• Higher monthly off-peak storage fees
• Increase in removal and disposal fees (liquidation fees will remain unchanged)
• Increase in FBA Prep Service fees
• Introduction of a tiered rate structure for long-term storage fees
Read the full announcement on Amazon’s News page to know the exact changes in the fees.