We have an important update regarding changes to Sponsored Brands campaigns on Amazon. Amazon is implementing new requirements for campaigns that use the Sponsored Brands product collection ad format. Here’s what you need to know:
What’s changing and why?
Starting on January 31, 2024, new campaigns using the Sponsored Brands product collection ad format will require a custom image that meets Amazon’s policy. Existing product collection ads that do not contain a custom image will cease serving after May 31, 2024.
How does this affect you?
If you have active Sponsored Brands product collection ads that currently only feature product images, it’s crucial to add a custom image by May 31, 2024, to ensure your campaign remains eligible to run. For new product collection campaigns created after January 31, 2024, a custom image will be required.
What if you don’t have a suitable custom image?
- For existing campaigns without a custom image, we recommend the following options:
- Edit your campaign to include a custom image from your computer or asset library.
- If available to you, consider creating a GenAI image using the image generation capability (beta).
- If your existing campaign links to your Store landing page, Amazon Ads can generate an image from your Store in your ASIN-only product collection ads if applicable.
- Explore alternative ad formats like Sponsored Brands video ads if you have video assets or Store spotlight ads if you have a Store.
- It’s essential to take action to ensure your Sponsored Brands campaigns continue to perform effectively and reach your target audience. Please review your campaigns and make the necessary updates to comply with these changes.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our Amazon PPC experts