Amazon keeps evolving out new ways to not only enhance the professionalism and readability of your page but also keeps on adding more seller services to keep you a leg up on your competition which benefits to improve the shopping experience for your customers as well.
With the old Enhance Brand Content, Amazon used to offer five different templates to choose from. The options looked like this:
In August 2018, Amazon launched new EBC Modular templates which resemble with A+ content. These Amazon New EBC modular templates for brand registered sellers provide more options than to display your product to customers. They enable a boost for sellers and offer them more versatile and accommodating templates that provide a large selection of design modules.
The new EBC Modular templates consist of 5 predefined and 1 custom template.
Jump Right In with Amazon’s New Predefined Templates
The predefined templates provide a design with certain modules already included and ready-and-waiting for content. Each template starts with a brand logo module and product description module at the top that cannot be removed or rearranged. The predefined templates are as follows:
Rose: Brand logo, product description, 2 header images, product features
Tulip: Brand logo, product description, header image, product features
Orchid: Brand logo, product description, header image, product features
Sunflower: Brand logo, product description, 2 header images, product features
Lilly: Brand logo, product description, header image, product features, header image
Although predefined, they are completely customizable. Modules can be added or removed to enhance the storytelling of brands. To add, move, number or delete a module, use the controls to the right of each module.
The predefined templates are best for sellers who want to work quickly or who want to establish a consistent theme to apply to multiple products within their brand.
A custom template can be used by sellers who want to create the EBC and add image and text placement as per their choice.
Benefits of the New EBC Modular Templates:
● New EBC modular templates are very mobile friendly. Before only one of the modules was available on your phone, now more of them are. As a high percentage of buyers use their phones to make purchases, so using these new templates will allow mobile users to get more idea of the product.
● “Drag and drop” feature of the new platform makes it easier to transfer your high-resolution photos.
● More EBC layout options provide more room to be creative to sellers.
● In New “Custom Template” you can mix and match modules to personally customize your page and guarantee a smoother flow.
EBC Content Guidelines
With a revitalized approach to Amazon EBC Service, Amazon’s new templates and their modules, are worth refreshing on some of the standard guidelines and restrictions that still apply.
● Referencing your company as a seller or distributor (e.g. “buy from us for authentic products”, “LLC or equivalents”).
● Mention of seller authorization such as “product only sold by authorized resellers”.
● Any warranty or guarantee, satisfaction claims, or references to off-Amazon return or refund references.
● Pricing or promotion references such as “affordable”, “cheap”, “bonus”, “free”, as well as language directing customers to purchase such as “buy now”, “add to cart”, “get yours now”, or “shop with us”.
● Information about shipping details such as “free shipping” or “shipping timelines”.
● Use of copyright, trademark, or registered symbols anywhere in your text.
● Boastful comments such as “top-selling product,” “hottest product,” or “#1 selling product”.
● Time-sensitive product information, such as “on sale now,” “best new product of the year,” or references to holidays.
● Adding more than two editorial or third-party quotes. Quotes must be from well-known publications or public figures. Product award information must be presented with a disclaimer.
● Blurry or low-quality images.
● Images containing watermarks or unreadable text. Font size must be 16 or larger and readable against its background.
● Lifestyle images not showing the product. Brand images used to tell the “Brand Story” are not required to contain the product.
● Content that duplicates many of the images from the main image block on the detail page.
● Images or text that attempt to mimic Amazon logos, detail page headings, or details.
● Web links or language attempting to redirect to other sites inside or outside of Amazon (including your other products).
● Grammatical errors, punctuation errors, misspellings, strings of all-caps text, abusing font features, or unnecessary or repeated information. Bold and italic formatting is only intended to be used to highlight headings or a few select words.
● Any mention of products being used for criminal activity.
● Unverified claims: safety claims; energy saving claims; claims regarding drugs, beverages, food and health products. Health category products such as health drinks, organic supplements and other related products that do not carry any certified disclaimers must have an FDA disclaimer present. (FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.) For more information, see Prohibited Product Claims.
● Comparing products on Amazon other than products from leading national brands or from within your own brand. For comparison tables, you are only allowed to compare products within your own brand.
● Subjective language: anything that is subject to your own opinion and/or used excessively; a limited degree of subjective language is allowed.
● Content on adult products that violate any of Amazon Adult products policies and guidelines.References to off-Amazon customer service, or contact information (e.g. “contact us if you have problems”, phone numbers, contact email, etc.).
● Content is written in languages other than the one spoken in the marketplace you are selling, including HTML tags.
● Images submitted without image keywords are not accessible to customers with visual impairments.
● Any violations to category requirements or Selling on Amazon policies.
Guidelines of Enhanced Brand Content are taken from Amazon.com. For more information you can also take a look at the link mentioned below:
As Amazon continues to evolve in Enhanced Brand Content, we are starting to see a lot many sellers slowly have more and more creative freedom in advertising, storytelling, strong content, and amazing lifestyle pictures.