Out of more than 2.5 million sellers selling on Amazon, only 10% generate more than $100,000 annual sales.
Of course, it’s because their products and customer service are great, but it’s also because they have made the right decision of hiring experts instead of doing everything on their own.
You need an account manager if you answer even one of these questions in “yes”:
- Are you struggling to boost sales on Amazon?
- Do you find difficulty in understanding and following Amazon’s long list of stringent rules and guidelines?
- Do you find yourselves too overwhelmed to manage your Amazon account?
- Do you think your products have more potential?
- Would you like to increase your product’s reach and drive more revenue?
Amazon is not rocket science. But that does not necessarily mean that you have the experience and, more importantly, time to manage all aspects related to your Amazon business. Here’s what you’ll need if you want to manage your Amazon business yourself:
- Years of experience: Amazon account management and consulting is not a start-and-stop endeavor. The most seasoned Amazon experts will tell you that they’ve been working on hundreds of Amazon accounts consistently over the course of many years.
- Tools: Running a successful Amazon business takes more than skills and knowledge. You’ll need a whole slew of tools – tools to do product research, tools to do competitor analysis, tools to do keyword research, tools to ask for reviews, tools to manage inventory. Have you considered the cost of each of these tools?
- Proactiveness: Have you ever stumbled upon the seller news page? There is a new update almost every day. Did you know Amazon is going to increase FBA fees by starting April 24th? Your Amazon account manager might know because that’s what they do day in and day out.
Here are a few logical reasons why you should hire an account manager instead of attempting to DIY
- It takes time and lots of trial and error to understand and master the moving parts of the Amazon account. It’s a learning curve and you probably already have a lot on your plate.
- You cannot match the experience and expertise of a professional Amazon account manager in a span of a few months.
- You will be pulled away from other important aspects of your business.
- Desired results may take longer. When you hire an agency, there will be more people constantly working on getting you results. Account managers can help you out with new account setup, suspended accounts, inventory disasters, inventory forecasting, pulled product listings, IP infringements, advertising failures, case management and so much more.
Tushar Kapadia has a passion for the helping customer and thrives on seeing businesses grow through the use of online eCommerce marketplaces and platforms such as Amazon and eBay and Social Media Platforms such as Facebook and
Instagram. When you speak to him, you quickly realise you get honest advice.